Ovidius University Annals of Chemistry (OUAC), a biannual electronic journal, publishes results of experimental and theoretical studies in all domains of chemistry and applied chemistry, including chemical engineering, pharmacology and environmental sciences. The publication in OUAC journal is free of any kind of fees. The journal operates under a continuous publication model, which ensures peer reviewed papers can be published immediately.
Only the contributions which are original and report work of quality and significance are accepted for publication in the journal. The acceptance for publication is done on the basis of positive recommendation from the referees. The contributions must not have appeared elsewhere.
Necessary copyright permission should be taken by the authors from the concerned persons for reproducing figures, diagrams, tables, photographs, etc., from other publications in articles published in OUAC; this should be mentioned in the caption [i.e. “Reproduced from Ref. …. with permission from ….”].
The manuscripts should be submitted by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) to editorial coordinator as a word file together with a “Certificate of originality”.
Manuscripts should be prepared in grammatically correct English (United States). The information in manuscript should be presented in the following order:
– Title of the manuscript
– Name(s) of author(s)
– Institute and address of author(s)
– Results and discussion
– Conflict of interest
– Acknowledgments (optional)
Some exceptions from these rules will be accepted for the review articles.
Text formatting. Manuscripts should be submitted in Word, using a normal, plain font (10-point Times New Roman, double spacing) for text. The file must be saved in docx format (Word 2007 or higher) or doc format (older Word versions).
Reference style. The references must be indicated by number in square brackets and numbered in the order in which they appear in the text.
Reference to a journal publication:
- A. Javed, T. Szumiata, A. Sarwar, T. Fatima, Structure and Mössbauer spectroscopy studies of Ni0.5Zn0.5NdxFe2-xO4 (0.00 ≤ x ≤ 0.10) ferrites, Materials Chemistry and Physics 221 (2019) 99–107. Doi: 10.1016/j.matchemphys.2018.09.042
Reference to a book:
- P. Atkins, J. de Paula, Physical chemistry for the life sciences, 2nd ed., Oxford University Press, Oxford, 2011.
Reference to a chapter in an edited book:
- H. Janik, M. Wrona, Asbestos, in: P. Worsfold, A. Townshend, C.P.M. Miró (Eds.), Encyclopedia of Analytical Science, 3rd Edition, Elsevier, 2005, pp. 141-148. Doi: 10.1016/B0-12-369397-7/00023-6
After a preliminary verification of manuscripts by a plagiarism detector software, the editor assesses them for the appropriateness for the journal. The suitable manuscripts are sent to two independent reviewers, which evaluate the scientific quality of the manuscript by a single blind review process. Based on their reports, the editor has the final decision to accept or reject the manuscripts.